Thursday, April 17, 2008

time for the good news

Good news #1 - I'm a survivor


Bye block 3, hello block 4
Dean's lister (with a tums) 2008/2009 winkz
Destroyed.

Good news #2 - Aspiring chefs; from zero to hero.

Gone are the days where Poh and I were relegated and tasked to contributing dishes like sunny side-ups and potatoes to the table. Enough is enough. We have finally stepped up our game and unleashed our full potential, contributing dishes with character nowadays.

You'll be begging us to cook for you when we return. hahaha No, seriously.

Feb 08: I remember i used to squeal in excitement like a noob-ish juvenile lunatic everytime i cracked open an egg like it was some huge feat
March 08: At the bottom right you start to see some improvements, chao-tah+broken side show omelette with Fillings somemore!

April 08: me sheepishly presenting my self-NIAKED secret recipe marinated chicks wing and drumsticks. When i get back to SG, no prizes for guessing what I'll bring to a potluck haha
April 08: Just look at Poh exuding his distinguished chef aura lovingly
admiring his signature dish

Good news #3 - ...and a new friend found

I'm really lucky to have met so many amazing people and made so many good friends here. Be it people from other nationalities or fellow Singaporeans, thank you for being part of my life. If you don't see your picture below don't get all sensitive you hear me? haha its probably cos I haven't got a photo with you yet. This is just the first part out of many many more parts to come

Getting to know each other better during communal dinners
A shoutout to my crazy multi nationality groupmates (from left to right):
Fabian (German), Wiro (Dutch), Ron (Canadian)
Nothing beats having friday afternoon chats over coffee with you both
Dinner at the Greek God Panos's place always makes me happy.
Yohannas is a Finnish superstar! :D
Won, Philippe and crew - Thank you for the warm hospitality in Cologne! :)
Lynette, Tej, Rong...Love the company, we should hang out more
Can you believe I randomly met a- oh my goodness hold your breath... A Malaysian in Maastricht at church and we hit it off instantly talking in our stupid "lahs", "mehs" and "shioks" haha! I'll call you soon Carmen! :)
Crazy company at the CRAZE party

Seems like there's more good news than bad huh? hahaha

I like to call it making the best out of every situation :)

4 comments:

Lynette aka ZhUmEi said...

omg.. ur post is so entertaining..

i like the way u destroy the notes.

classic move! LUVVVS

else all, LOVES!

undergrounder said...

haha Lynette, don't worry at the end of block 4, let's set up a campfire to burn our notes and then hold hands and prance around in circles singing songs!

Lynette aka ZhUmEi said...

hahahaaaha


u live up to a true girl guide!

well done

*pat on back*

sure!!

Anonymous said...

cheryl, u live up to a true brownie :)