Friday, April 25, 2008

be our guest, please be our guest!

Beauty and the Beast is undoubtedly one of my favourite cartoons of all time!

I remember my Mum got DAMN sian and bored to tears reading to my brother and I the SAME old bedtime stories every night when we were young. One day she got smart and decided to buy a trolley full of Disney audio tapes instead where... voila! insert it into the boombox and with the simple push of the play button you get a narrator tell the story in his/her varied tonations and there's even the appropriate music softly playing in the background and all. I remember I used to be super scared of the introduction music of the Aladdin tape because it was too intense, acting all Arabian night and mysterious and scary.

And so I digress, as usual. What I wanted to say was that I love the Beauty and the Beast "Be our Guest" song, I swear its the Hospitality101 song of the century, every restaurateur should learn it by heart !

Lumiere the candlestick doing his thang

Be our guest! Be our guest! Be our guest! Get your worries off your chest Let us say for your entree We've an array; may we suggest: Try the bread! Try the soup! When the croutons loop de loop It's a treat for any dinner Don't belive me? Ask the china Singing pork! Dancing veal! What an entertaining meal! How could anyone be gloomy and depressed? We'll make you shout "encore!" And send us out for more So, be our guest! Lumiere: Be our guest! Chorus: Be our guest! Mrs Potts: It's a guest! It's a guest! Sakes alive, well I'll be blessed! Wine's been poured and thank the Lord I've had the napkins freshly pressed With dessert, she'll want tea And my dear that's fine with me While the cups do their soft-shoein' I'll be bubbling, I'll be brewing I'll get warm, piping hot Heaven's sakes! Is that a spot? Clean it up!
We want the company impressed

Today, the SMU Mademoiselles doing their exchange at Paris Dauphine University - Carissa, Clara, Jiakai, Vanessa and their Mexican friend Marcela popped by Maastricht for a day trip :) and will be leaving for Amsterdam tomorrow.

The Parisians have arrived! I repeat, the Parisians have arrived. They're like super cute and excitable doing the 'M' sign at the Maastricht Centraal Station hurhurr
Thanks Carissa dear for planning this lil SMU girls night out in Maastricht,
appreciate it lots! :)


Its the FIRST time anyone in their right mind visits Maastricht, so Chian and I were ALL OUT to impress playing hosts! I was super nervous & jittery but I forced myself to remain calm and recollected all the little actions and warm hospitality others showered on us while we were visiting, shoutout to Jh, Won, Auntie Wai Chan, Steph... :)

Initially, Poh and I planned to surprise them with local delight stroopwaffles as a welcome gift but Barry their Dutch friend HAD TO BE the Perfect wikipedia tour guide and foiled my sweetish plans as I bumped into ALL of them at the stroopwaffle aisle of Albert Heijn :( I was then frantically trying to rack my brains and suggest bringing them to other places of interest of Maastricht like River Maas, the frites store but it seemed like they already knew Maastricht at the back of their hand. Hahaha

So, after hearing that the girls have been deprived of Chinese food for about 3 months, Chian and I jumped at the opportunity to bring them to Wen Zhou - this rather good authentic Chinese restaurant opposite the Centraal Station and pamper ourselves with a good dinner. I personally thought the roasted duck and chee cheong fun were yums!

The waiter teased that we would have to pay him a good 25 euros for this peekture haha, ask him to shuts!
The person who took this picture obviously didn't understand when we said "Could you help us take a picture in front of the Maastricht station with the words behind?"
Clara and Vanessa strolling along the streets of Maastricht
Great catching up with you Clara! Go join the Dauphine choir!RGS Alumni unite!
7 of us plus a million flies Jiakai looks tiny with her barang! Longchamp ah someone,
I think I want dusty pink! winkz

Chilling out at the Highlander where we met a really awesome bartender who gave us free shooters and a taste of cherry beer :)

Gee girls, thinking back I think you girls really treated Chian and I as if we were your guests, preparing Bailey's and offering all the Dutch snacks to us. What the hell! hahaha, but at the end of the day, I guess its the company that matters and I really had alot alot Alot of fun meeting each and every single one of you today. Thanks Carissa for planning this once again, hugs! Vanessa, Jiakai, Clara it was great knowing you girls 1-2 notches better and Marcela it was a pleasure knowing you.

Have a good overdue Easter trip yawl, hope you girls don't oversleep!

Take care and see you around

Indeed, strangers are friends
waiting to happen :)


Goodnight!





No comments: