I assume the majority of you are like the research subjects too.
So, bad news first.
You know that electric shock bursting with adrenaline feeling you get once you put down your pen, hurriedly flip through your exam paper one last time to double-check all questions were answered then push your chair back, throw on your coat and confidently do the dirt off your shoulder move, walk up to the examiner and hand up your paper with an affirmative smile? Then, with your head held high, discreetly look back at your fellow colleagues enviously looking at you leave the exam hall with your 3kg eye bags and ink stained hands...
Usually back at SMU, this would mean elaborate planning and sheer enjoyment for a month at least, without a care in the world.
Sorry at UM- its called WOOHOOOO happiness we've made it! Yeah we did - to the end of block 3 where you're done with TWO subjects over the course of 7 grueling weeks! But guess what, in the blink of an eye, or the half-blink of an eye rather, one week will fly by sooo fast without you realizing it. Even the rainy windy weather in Maastricht contributes to a layer of melancholy in the air as BLOODY BLOCK 4 BECKONS!!
Today was our first day of school Again.
It's going to be another 7 urgent weeks with another 2 demanding subjects. However, I think now we're better equipped with more powerful ammo as we know better what to expect from the UM trajectory. The only concern is that the pellets may be on low supply and may be a little rusty haha. But with hard work, unfaltering determination and not forgetting NEW! spanking motivational quotes (currently in the search for the perfect quotes to replace the old quotes) for Block 4, nothing is impossible! :)
Energy to continue and persevere is all we need for block 4.
Quoting my ever so down-to-earth Dad while I was bitching to him about the system here. He simply looked at me as if I just said the most ridiculous thing in the world, gave a chuckle followed by the firmest smile I had ever seen in the world and said "Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, *at this point he whips out his fluid yet controlled businessman hand actions101 and his eyes get more focused* learn from it, see it as a challenge and it will only prepare you better for the future." Thats my Dad for you, always someone I know I can head to for the wisest advice. Big LEE Hug!
Now, time for the good news :)
Quoting my ever so down-to-earth Dad while I was bitching to him about the system here. He simply looked at me as if I just said the most ridiculous thing in the world, gave a chuckle followed by the firmest smile I had ever seen in the world and said "Whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, *at this point he whips out his fluid yet controlled businessman hand actions101 and his eyes get more focused* learn from it, see it as a challenge and it will only prepare you better for the future." Thats my Dad for you, always someone I know I can head to for the wisest advice. Big LEE Hug!
Now, time for the good news :)
No comments:
Post a Comment