I can vividly recollect a zealous younger me zipping around the neighbourhood (where I couldn't tell the difference between this road and that street) practicing pure peddling on my 4-wheel spanking new bike (with ribbons at the side and a basket in front).
Not long after, came the nasty, no longer cute 2-wheel bike - which at 7 years old seemed like a sign from my parents that I had reached the peak of my maturity. It was no easy feat, the 2-wheel bike. I remember all the white lies my Dad told everytime I bit my lip nervously and mentally psyched myself to cycle off, "Don't worry I'm holding the back of the bike", and when I turned my head, he was like 5 metres behind nodding proudly.
Thanks Dad for the scares and teaching me how to ride a bicycle, now at least it gives me the privilege of waking up another good 25-30mins later as opposed to if I had walked to school! Bicycles here are like the main mode of transport that they even paved out designated cycling lanes on the road in a maroon'ish colour!
Thanks Cake for kindly selling us the 20 euro bikes. I'm still retaining the name Lucy, while Poh came up with a new name for his bike its called "The Stups Bike", because it gave him several problems on the first day. haha. Don't worry, I'll take good care of Lucy :p
Ps: Brandon and Dad, when I return, we Must go cycling again, lets show Jalan Rindu how its really done- the Lee way.
Below are some photos of when Poh & I had a doubs date with Lucy and The Stups bike:
boons & weims, nabs and kams, lams and shaun...don't JEALS!
xoxo
1 comment:
lee please, you're like a bike pro! remember when alex rode over to your house to pass you some photos for your vday card thingy? you called me up immediately to laugh about alex wobbling on his bike? ahhaha!
Post a Comment